Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 2004)

Subject: Re: Restricting Lists
From: Ed Kasky <ed @ esson . net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:30:53 -0800
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

1. Does your test-senders file meet the following requirements:

restrict_post        [restrict_post] (undef) <resend>
If defined, only addresses listed in these files (colon or space
separated) can post to the mailing list. By default, these files
are relative to the lists directory.

2. Does your list.config have the following line:

restrict_post = test-senders

I have never had to change an alias to restrict posting to a list.  It is
done by setting the list.config file per the instructions above...

At 09:42 AM Friday, 11/5/2004, you wrote -=>
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know how to retrict a list so only certain people not
>contained in a list can send to it.  For example I have a list called
>test and it populated with various people and I have a file called
>test-senders that contains a list of a few people who are the only
>people that can send to the list test.  I went into the config file
>and told the test list to look at this file in the retstict_post
>option, but it doesn't work.  From the research I have done it looks
>like I need to alter or add an alias to do this, but I'm not sure
>exactly how to change the pre-existing alias so it will work.
>
>Can anyone help?
>Im running Majordomo 1.94.5

Ed
It is inaccurate to say I hate everything. I am strongly
in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency.
This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
-H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)