Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(December 2004)

Subject: Re: changing intro of a list
From: "Joe R. Jah" <jjah @ cloud . ccsf . cc . ca . us>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:56:18 -0800 (PST)
To: Roman Fendesack <rfe @ sbf-consult . de>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Roman Fendesack wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:21:46 +0100
> From: Roman Fendesack <rfe@sbf-consult.de>
> To: majordomo-users@greatcircle.com
> Subject: changing intro of a list
>
> Hello,
>
> I am a majordomo-newbie and looking for a solution of my problem:
>
> 1. My ISP provides majordomo but NO support for it

If you can convince your ISP to apply this patch:

 ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/majordomo-patches/1.94.5/majordomo.7

read on;)

> 2. As I am in Germany I want to set up a special intro for my lists
>    (most of the potential users won't be able to communicate in English).
>
> 3. I know the command to change the intro:

You mean:

> BUT even after changing the intro new subscribed members get a kind
> of DEFAULT-INTRO with my intro attached AT THE END.

The patched majordomo will send only the contents of <List>.intro file if
one exists, without prepending the standard majordomo greeting.

> MY QUESTION:
> Is there a possiblity to configure majordomo (i.e. by changing the
> config-file) so that this DEFAULT-INFO disappears?

When the patch is applied all you need to do is to create a List.intro
file.  No more pesky default majordomo greeting;)

> Again: My ISP doesn't provide any support, and so I am not able to
> make changes on the server-side.

If they apply the patch; they wouldn't need to provide any support.

> Thank you very much and have a nice Christmas
>
> Roman

Regards,

Joe
--