Subject: Re: Reply to
From: Frank Bax <fbax @ sympatico . ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:39:35 -0500
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 01:22 PM 3/1/05, Ed Lazor wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I tried searching the archives and didn't see anything - sorry if I'm
>asking a dumb question here...
>
>I set up a mailing list.  When people reply to email received through the
>list, the message goes back to the list, instead of the person who wrote
>the original message.  My members have complained a lot and have asked me
>to change the mailing list so that replies go to the person rather than to
>the entire list.
>
>Is this possible?  And, if so, how can I accomplish it?

You should have searched for "reply_to", but be warned ... it might also be
a problem with the email client where clicking "reply" does not use the
expected header to get the reply address.

As I understand it, "reply_to" is typically used when you "want" to reply
to list.  Without a "reply_to" header, the email client is expected to
reply to the email address in "From" header.  If the email client is
"broken", nothing you do on server will produce desired results.

Next: Majordomo on a commercial web hosting service
Next: Majordomo on a commercial web hosting service
From: "Kenneth B. Harwood" <run10kswim@comcast.net>