Subject: Majordomo on a commercial web hosting service
From: "Kenneth B. Harwood" <run10kswim @ comcast . net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:22:46 -0800
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

i want to run a ListServer behind my website.  my Web Hosting Service (GoDaddy) does not offer Majordomo (or anything like it).  under my "Deluxe" level of service contract, GoDaddy will allow me to upload (and execute live) Perl scripts.  do you think that is sufficient to allow me to get Majordomo running in GoDaddy's server?

one of the thing: under the terms of my contract i do not have linux shell or Admin access to GoDaddy's server.  this almost certainly meansthat  i would not be allowed to compile Majordomo's single C-coded security module (mentioned in your FAQ) on their virtual host.

should i not be able to get Majordomo running on GoDaddy that would not be such a terrible thing.  Majordomo is probably more than i need but too much of a good thing never hurt anyone.

thank you.

 - kenneth harwood
   reno, nevada

Follow-Ups: