Subject: Re: Majordomo on a commercial web hosting service
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:21:08 -0600
To: "Kenneth B. Harwood" <run10kswim @ comcast . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Web hosting is not the same as mail hosting (is it?).  For majordomo,
you need shell
or at least editor access to make modifications to the /etc/aliases file
as you create your
mailing list(s).  With ftp access, you might be able to find
work-arounds, but each time
you send/modify this file, a shell command must be executed to make the
changes
active.  I doubt very highly that you will be able to run majordomo on
GoDaddy
based on the information you provided.

Dan Liston