Subject: majordomo, sendmail 8.12, and aliases issues
From: Rob Mangiafico <rmang @ lexiconn . com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:38:46 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

We have been running majordomo 1.94.5 successfully for a long time using
sendmail 8.11.x. We recently switched to 8.12.11, and now are having an
issue with alias list expansion.

listname: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l listname listname-out"
listname-out: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/listname

When an email is sent to the list, sendmail tries to deliver the email to:
listname-out@server.name

instead of parsing the include list for sending to the subscribers. It
seems the MSP/MSA portion with submit.cf is causing the problem. We can
work around it by changing the $mailer command in majordomo.cf by adding:
-Am -OQueueDirectory=/usr/local/majordomo/queue

to force sendmail.cf local delivery and setting a queue that majordomo has
write permission on. However, I would think the system should work without
having to go this route. Any ideas? Running RHEL 3 with default sendmail
configuration, and standard majordomo 1.94.5.

If the -Am method is the only way to make it work, are there any drawbacks
or problems with using this method?

Thanks.

Rob

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo and ESOsoft Enhancements