Subject: sendmail bounces. Please help. I am so close I can taste it!
From: ebay2 @ readynote . com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:17:08 -0500
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi,
Thanks for any clues.
I am trying to setup Majordomo behind a firewall for private use...

Previously I had sendmail-8.11 binaries 1/2 working. Send worked, receive
bounced saying host not found. I am a DNS/hostname newie... So, I installed
sendmail-8.13-3 sources, and here is where I am:

Q1: Should I use my old /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail script?     make install
didnt create one....
Q1: Do I have to install BIND?
Q2: Do I absolutely have to get a DNS entry?  This worked perviously
"mail root@199.81.66.218"   and as nutty as that looks, it is ok with me ;-)

ad/ThankYou/vance
Jim Pruett

Thanks
JPruett

This E-Mail was sent with MailMax/WEB 4.1

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo, sendmail 8.12, and aliases issues