Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 2005)

Subject: Re: "transport returned 127" error
From: guilford @ northcoast . com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:37:24 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On 20 May 2005 at 15:23, Daniel Liston wrote:

> Are you using exim or postfix?

>  What version of majordomo are you
> using?

>Have you considered verifying your MTA's configuration?

Well, it's the same exim.conf that has worked just fine previously.  Not sure what you
mean by verify, though...?

> don't believe has ever been a part of majordomo, at least
> not in the 1.9 series.

Sorry, I wasn't clear; is a script I wrote, to which I want the input piped.

> Will your MTA pipe mail to "any" script?

The same exim transport is responsible for piping to the majordomo wrapper script,
so I guess, yes, it will pipe to some scripts.  It appears then to be a permissions
issue, though I've tried giving the script very free permissions and giving ownership
to majordomo, etc., with no luck.

> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an alias in my majordomo.aliases that reads like:
> > nta: "|/path/to/script/"
> >
> > This alias used to work just fine, piping emails to a little script that stored them in a
> > certain directory for future use.
> >
> > About a month ago, possibly around the time my server was hacked and then
> > restored from backup, this stopped working. Now, I get the following in my exim log:
> >
> > "|/path/to/script/ <> R=majordomo_aliases
> > T=majordomo_pipe: Child process of majordomo_pipe transport returned 127 (could
> > mean unable to exec or command does not exist) from command:
> > /path/to/script/"
> >
> > However, no amount of playing around with permissions on the mailer file seems to
> > make a difference.  I can make the owner of the file majordomo, and give it 777
> > permissions, but I still get the same error.  It execs fine from the command line.
> >
> > Any ideas would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kyala

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: "transport returned 127" error