Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 2005)

Subject: Re: "transport returned 127" error
From: guilford @ northcoast . com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:37:24 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On 20 May 2005 at 15:23, Daniel Liston wrote:

> Are you using exim or postfix?

Exim.

>  What version of majordomo are you
> using?

1.94.5

>Have you considered verifying your MTA's configuration?

Well, it's the same exim.conf that has worked just fine previously.  Not sure what you
mean by verify, though...?

> don't believe mailer.pl has ever been a part of majordomo, at least
> not in the 1.9 series.

Sorry, I wasn't clear; mailer.pl is a script I wrote, to which I want the input piped.

> Will your MTA pipe mail to "any" script?

The same exim transport is responsible for piping to the majordomo wrapper script,
so I guess, yes, it will pipe to some scripts.  It appears then to be a permissions
issue, though I've tried giving the script very free permissions and giving ownership
to majordomo, etc., with no luck.

Thanks,
Kyala