Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 2005)

Subject: Time zone of time stamping
From: Stewart Dean <sdean @ bard . edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:38:11 -0400
To: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

I think I can say that instances of sendmail and bulk_mailer that are
invoked by majordomo are getting timestamped with the UTC time, whereas
the standard on the AIX operating system and on instances of sendmail
/not/ started by majordomo, timestamps are done under EDT.
Is there a place where I can configure the TZ or equivalent to get mj
invoked stuff using EDT?
I think I'm using md 1.94.5.  The AIX is V5.2 and sendmail 8.11

Appreciate some help!
--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Error emails