Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2005)

Subject: Re: Majordomo for real dummies.
From: =?utf-8?q?J=C3=B8rn_Dahl-Stamnes?= <mdomo . user @ dahl-stamnes . net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:17:35 +0200
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Cc: "Doty, Robert" <Robert . Doty @ xerox . com>

On Monday 17 October 2005 15:05, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
> I installed majordomo today, but I still don't have a clue of how to create
> a list on my mail server. I have read the documents over and over again,
> but still I'm confused.
>
> Could someone please give me a detail description of how I can create a
> mailing list using majordomo?
>
> Assume I want to create my own list called "majordomo-for-real-dumbass" and
> add my e-mail address to the list?

Based on the information on the NEWLIST file, I have tried to:

cd /usr/local/majordomo
touch Lists/testlist
chmod 664 Lists/testlist
echo "some text" > Lists/testlist.info
chmod 664 Lists/testlist.info
vi majordomo.aliases
and added the lines:
  testlist:             :include:/usr/local/majordomo/Lists/testlist
  owner-testlist:  <my-real-e-mail-address>,
  testlist-request:  "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper request-answer testlist"
  testlist-approval:      <my-real-e-mail-address>

then a 'su -' and a 'newaliases '

Then I tried to send a mail to
testlist-request@dahl-stamnes.net with the subject "subscribe" from an
external mail account. This is the reply I get from my mail-server

>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>"|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper request-answer testlist"
>     (reason: Service unavailable)
>     (expanded from: <testlist-request@dahl-stamnes.net>)
>
>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>smrsh: "wrapper" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I have added a link in /etc/shrsh to the wrapper program:
[root@mailer majordomo]# ls -l /etc/smrsh/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           28 Oct 17 14:01 wrapper
-> /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
e-mail: mdomo.user@dahl-stamnes.net