Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 2006)

Subject: Re: Non-english character sets and moderated lists
From: Brett Charbeneau <brett @ wrl . org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Daniel Liston wrote:

DL> Since the characters came through the majordomo-users list
DL> successfully, also an unmoderated list, it appears we may
DL> have a bug in the code regarding moderating a list.  I am
DL> on vacation this week, and on a project in california the
DL> following week, but maybe another list member can help
DL> before then.  If not, I will see what I can do when I get
DL> back.

	Well, that's fantastic. =8^)
	No hurries - I think the Wordpad "washing" will hold my moderator for a
while. I'm happy to offer up the conf files for these lists to anyone
interested.

DL> Have you experienced any other characters with the same problem, or is it
DL> generally all characters higher than ASCII 127, (the extended ASCII set)?

	I haven't tried to find all the troublesome characters, I'm afraid. The
example I listed was actually the first where I could isolate a pair of them.

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road