Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 2007)

Subject: Newbie - help
From: Ixánar Uriza Soto <iuriza @ cfundaciones . org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:47:43 -0500
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Greetings,

I’m a Majordomo newbie. The program (v. 1.94.4) is hosted on my ISP’s server so I thought it could be an economic way to run a couple of mailing lists for a better communication with our stakeholders. We’re a non-profit so price counts a lot, and we’re not trying to sell or promote donation with our emails.

I started with a few test lists, but the problems arised soon; the thing is that I’m using Outlook 2003 (win XP Pro), and apparently it’s imposible to add the approval header.

Do you recomend trying with another email client? (Freeware is better)

Another problem is that we need to send a lot of emails to free accounts; Hotmail and Gmail seems to go all right but yahoo keeps sending a “too many recipients” bounce. Can I solve this with Majordomo? Should I consider buying a list management software? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to unscript from majordomo-users?