Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 2007)

Subject: Majorcool installation
From: "Greg Monaco" <greg @ greatplains . net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:13:57 -0500
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: "'Rahul R Deshmukh'" <deshmukh @ ksu . edu>, <greg @ greatplains . net>

Hi.  We've got an old server with our mailing lists running majordomo.  I'd like to give it a web front end using majorcool.  We are running apache and freebsd on the server.  I am not sure of the versions of apache or freebsd but they have been updated in the past couple of years.

Is adding majorcool pretty straightforward or do we have to worry about issues like versioning?

Do we have to backup anything first with respect to lists and email (I know that backing up the entire drive would be a good idea)?

Will majorcool work with existing lists or will we have to add all new lists?

Where is the best site to find majorcool to work in our situation?

Thanks.

Greg

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Newbie - help