Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2007)

Subject: majordomo & qmail
From: Thomas Hendrich <thomas . hendrich @ gmx . net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:27:12 +0200
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi,

I´m wondering if it is possible or not to use majordomo without stripping off comments in the list file.

I´ve set up majordomo along with qmail and at first it works.

When I try to set "strip" to "no" and put something like "Thomas" <thomas .
hendrich @
gmx .
net> into the list file the majordomo quits and says that everything is fine. But when I now send an eMail to this list I get an mail frrom qmail mailer-daemon saying that there is no domain <"Thomas" <thomas .
hendrich @
gmx .
net>>. Notice that there are two angle brackets at the end!

This is whats the problem. For some reason majordomo or qmail put angle brackets around the whole entry in the list file.

Can anybody give me a hint where to turn this off or is it a qmail problem?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Thomas

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: API to majordomo to send archived email?