Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2007)

Subject: Re: how to forward email programatically.
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:34:17 -0500
To: Charlie Smith <SmithCW @ ldschurch . org>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Majordomo does not have/use mailboxes, nor does it ever POP them.
You are trying to do something outside majordomo's control.  It
would be easiest if the user needing to see messages to a list
distributed by majordomo just subzcribe to the list.

Since the sendmail aliases file for the list can also contain
many recipients, managed by the postmaster/admin user, this is
another way a user can be added to a distribution without having
to subzcribe.

Sorry I have not been responsive to these requests, but my full
time job had me working non-stop for about 3 weeks including
weekends.  I am just now catching up on sleep and personal time.

Dan Liston

Charlie Smith wrote:
Well, I guess I'm talking to myself on this one. Found solution in CPAN.

Following may be useful to resend email that has been popped.

Mail::MboxParser::Mail::Convertible

 >>> "Charlie Smith" > 10/12/2007 9:28 AM >>>
Hi Dan,
I'd like to send a copy of an email out to a user for review. The email goes to a majordomo list, but the user is not in the list. I just want to grab the email from the MD archives and send a copy of it along to the user. Or... If there is a way to just get a copy of the email from the recipient (MD account other other email client account - GroupWise in our case) and forward
that on to the user for review?
I realize this may be slightly off subject for MD users, but am in a difficult situtation. PLease assist if possible. Charlie