Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 2008)

Subject: Re: Blocking emails from a specific address
From: Toomas Aas <toomas . aas @ raad . tartu . ee>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:31:23 +0300
To: dowsettjoe @ yahoo . co . uk, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Joe Dowsett wrote:

We've an ongoing issue with a particular person (not on the list) and would like to block emails from that address from going out to the list subscribers, but would like to specify a single address to which emails from this person will still get delivered - so that we can monitor the emails that they are sending.

Is this possible?

Take a look at the taboo_headers configuration parameter. I guess you can set "From: badguy @
hotmail .
com" as a taboo header (not sure about the syntax) so that messages from this address won't go out to the list. In my experience all blocked material gets delivered to the list owner, so the "monitoring" part is also there.

Will this person be aware that these emails are being blocked?

No.

--
Toomas Aas