Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2009)

Subject: Re: Majordomo DR
From: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs @ berklix . com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:34:10 +0100
To: "Sharma, Vikas" <Vikas . Sharma @ TERADATA . COM>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> I have two majordomo servers. One is being used as production and same
> configuration exists on another majordomo server but what I know that
> there is no replication of data which is being modified on production
> server.
> I don't even know if majordomo has functionality to replicate data
> between servers. I have a question that if my production server is down
> how can we make the another server as primary/production?
> I'm new to majordomo and if you need details about my scenario please
> ask me. I want to have knowledge about the question I asked so that I
> don't get into any problem in future.

Hi Sharma,

Majordomo does not have inbuilt automatic multi server resilient
backup.  One can add it though.  I've done it with berklix.com.

I've got a cold bug, & then priority business commitments demanding
time when I'm well, but your firm welcome to pay me (I'm freelance)
for a few hours to take time to document it on web for all.

Tip: One `just' needs to analyse & extend existing 'domo /etc/aliases,
think what one can call with /etc/crontab, think about MX record
priorities for DNS, ssh for inter server inter site backup safe
from IP spoofing etc. Standard Unix stuff.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com