Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2010)

Subject: Re: Transferring messages to web-forum
From: Hal <my_list_address @ yahoo . no>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:48:49 +0200
To: "majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM >> \"Majordomo-users (list)\"" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

On 11.10.10 20.26, Brent Chapman wrote:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Ed Kasky<ed @
esson .
net>  wrote:
Have you looked at Mhonarc?  http://www.mhonarc.org/
MHonArc is great, but it isn't a web forum.  It's an email archive
publishing tool; it's what I use to publish the archives of this list
and all the others here at GreatCircle.com,

I don't understand. MHonArc is a tool for making list messages browsable/searchable on a website? If that's the case I already have that, but I would like to make my archived messages part of a web-based forum (I'm currently considering MyBB although nothing's decided yet), transferring/merging them into the same format as the web forum.

MyBB has a "merge system" (http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system) which allows data from a variety of web-forum software to be imported:

- Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
- MyBB 1.6 (Merge multiple copies of MyBB in to the one)
- phpBB 2
- phpBB 3
- SMF 1.1, 2.0
- PunBB 1.2
- vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, or 3.8
- XMB 1.9

As there aren't any plans of making a Majordomo import feature (apparently I'm one of the few migrating over to a web based forum) I've been suggested to see if any of the above web-forum software can import from Majordomo, then import that data further into MyBB. A longshot?
Any other suggestions?

Hal