(December 1993)

Subject: Re: Majordomo 2.0 development offer
From: Jared_Rhine @ hmc . edu
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 12:09:24 -0800
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

John> This code is not yet available. Brent has a copy of the code, and I
John> have a couple of beta sites that sadly seem quite adept at breaking
John> it. Hopefully 2.0 will be out sometime around the middle to end of Q1
John> next year, but we all know about the best laid plans of mice and men
John> (squeek).

Jared> I am offering my services as a developer for Majordomo 2.0.  I've (by
Jared> now) had a fair degree of experience with hacking the 1.36(?)-1.62
Jared> releases, and my site uses it extensively.

John> You should consider getting on the majordomo-workers@greatcircle.com
John> mailing list. That is where requests for beta testing and discussions
John> about various topics are being held.

Done.  I hereby welcome myself aboard 8^) I've read the archives, as well.

John> Although I would not be testing it on the majority of our lists, we
John> have so many lists that I can beta it for only a portion of the lists
John> and slowly put it under greater and greater stress.

John> Actually I could use another beta test site.

Ok, I can provide some of that.  I will implement whatever code I end up
with (see below) on some representative lists at our site.

John> The major problem is that we have two sets of 2.0 code. [...] As of
John> right now, Alan and I have been working seperate from one another, so
John> there really is no "version 2.0" source tree per se.

John> If you are still interested, let me know, and I will take my current
John> stable release, and make it available via anoymous ftp on cs.umb.edu
John> under some suitably obscure name so archie won't pick it up.

That would be fine.  Timing is going to be a little rough, since finals are
next week and then I will be home for a week for Christmas.  I may not be
able to get around to working on anything until after Christmas, because I
don't really want to install it then go away for a week.  I'll let you know
when I'm back in the swing of things and devote some time to it.

Jared Rhine                              |  Remember, only users lose drugs.
Jared_Rhine@hmc.edu                      |-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
wibstr - Harvey Mudd College             |   To live is to war with trolls.
http://www.hmc.edu/www/people/jared.html |-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Proposal for recursive-capable lists