(December 1994)

Subject: Re: dash processing
From: dhb @ ssd . ray . com (David H. Brierley)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:58:20 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Dec 28, 19:03, "Roger B.A. Klorese" wrote:

> I guess we need to make Majordomo smarter about MIME and the "--Boundary"
> construct; perhaps we should end only on lines consisting ONLY of dashes...

Here is what I did to get around this problem.  This is based on version 1.92.
It's not the most elegant solution but it works quite nicely.

*** majordomo.orig	Thu Dec 29 09:54:36 1994
--- majordomo	Thu Dec 29 09:54:08 1994
***************
*** 137,142 ****
--- 137,144 ----

  # Process the rest of the message as commands
  while (<>) {
+     next if (/^--boundary/i);
+     next if (/^content-/i);
      $approved = 0;			# all requests start as un-approved
      while ( /\\\s*$/ ) {		# if the last non-whitespace
  	&chop_nl($_);			 # character is  '\', chop the nl

--
David H. Brierley; Raytheon Company, Submarine Signal Directorate
Work: dhb@ssd.ray.com       Home: dave@galaxia.network23.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: dash processing