(May 1995)

Subject: Re: Coordination of Majordomo 2.0 efforts
From: Loren Miller <loren @ hops . wharton . upenn . edu>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 00:52:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: Christopher . Vance @ adfa . oz . au
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Desirable basic functionality:
>
> * resend should recognize, preserve, and possibly even add MIME headers.

Please make this optional if you decide to do it.  I personally do not
want my digests to be part text and part MIME.  I could think of few
things more annoying to deal with than that.

However, if you added functionality to allow the digest owner to keep
any arbitrary header lines, that would do what Chris wants, and it
would also do what I want, which is to allow me to keep Message-Id in
individual pieces of a digest--helps to generate a unique index.

--
Loren Miller       <loren@hops.wharton.upenn.edu>