(May 1995)

Subject: Re: Coordination of Majordomo 2.0 efforts
From: Brent @ GreatCircle . COM
Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 11:11:00 -0700
To: hal9001 @ panix . com

hal9001@panix.com (Robert A. Rosenberg) writes:

>Can you please give me a case where finding the address <hal9001@panix.com>
>in either the To or Cc header and taking this as an indication that I
>received a copy of the message is incorrect (ie: Explain why I can not be
>assumed to have received a copy).

Fine, here's a message which, by examination of the "To:" and "Cc:" lines,
appears to be directed simply to you.  In fact, this message is being sent
to the Majordomo-Workers@GreatCircle.COM (which _doesn't_ appear in the
"To:" or "Cc:" lines).  You will get only 1 copy of this message; it will
have a "Sender: Majordomo-Workers-Owner@GreatCircle.COM" header on it,
indicating that you received it through the Majordomo-Workers mailing list.

We could keep playing these header-hacking games all week, but I think it's
kind of pointless.  The rest of us understand that what's in the headers
you can see often has little or nothing to do with who the message has been
or will be delivered to.

-Brent

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: hierml - hierarchical mailinglists