(September 1995)

Subject: Re: A suggestion: Logging of resent messages
From: ckk @ uchicago . edu
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 16:37:42 -0500

My vote from the peanut gallery would be for Majordomo to start using Syslog,
and just syslog these proposed per-message log entries. Then you have control
over them by level and facility etc. from the /etc/syslog.conf. Use the
available tools!

Someone sent in a set of patches to implement Syslog in Majordomo, a while
ago. I think I saved them somewhere but never got around to trying to merge
them into one of our running Majordomo.

Chris Koenigsberg
U. of Chicago Academic Computing Services
ckk@uchicago.edu