(October 1995)

Subject: Re: Message bounced: Admin request
From: ckk @ uchicago . edu
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 15:57:22 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

We gave up and changed the default here, for all new mailing lists, to
"administrivia=no", because we were getting too many of those questions from
clueless list administrators, i.e. "why did this bounce?"

Our local SmartList proponents are thumbing their noses at us :-) because they
say that SmartList's administrivia filtering is so much better than
Majordomo's :-)

Chris Koenigsberg
U. of Chicago Academic Computing