(October 1995)

Subject: Bug (and fix) in resend
From: phoffman @ proper . com (Paul E. Hoffman)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 20:07:53 -0700
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

Greetings. I would guess that this would have been reported by now, but I
didn't see anything about it in the documentation or the current version of
the FAQ. I'm running 1.93 on BSDI 2.0.1 under Perl 4.036.

You can't use "resend @filename" and "wrapper" together unless you want to
have filename be in /, which isn't a great place for mailing list
configuration files. "wrapper" won't let you specify the /path/to/file and
seems to only look in /.

The easy fix is to move the "chdir($homedir)" line in "resend" up a few
lines to before the section that looks for @filename. Then
"/path/to/wrapper resend @filename" finds the file in $homedir just fine.

BTW, while you folks are working on version 2, one small related request
for "resend": allow these @filename files to live somewhere other than
$homedir to avoid clutter in that directory. I assume that this would be a
setting in the .cf file.

--Paul Hoffman