(November 1995)

Subject: Re: another silly question
From: pdc @ lunch . engr . sgi . com (Paul Close)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 10:26:56 -0800 (PST)
To: torin @ daft . com (Torin/Darren/Who Ever...)
Cc: walter @ nexchi . com, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Walter put the attached file in your md directory and run
> ./wrapper test.  I've extended it some to check for more faults.  It
> should come up with reasonable values.  It will also tell you why
> majordomo.cf is not readable if it isn't.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl
> # $Id: test,v 1.3 1995/11/08 09:16:24 majordom Exp $
> # configuration test for majordomo
> # provided with majordomo, modifications by darren stalder <torin@daft.com>
> #
>
> print "euid is: $>\n";
> print "egid is: $)\n";
> print "ruid is: $<\n";
> print "rgid is: $(\n";
>
> print <<"--end--";
> PATH = $ENV{PATH}
> HOME = $ENV{HOME}
> CF   = $ENV{MAJORDOMO_CF}
> --end--
>
> open(CF, $ENV{MAJORDOMO_CF}) || warn "unable to open $ENV{MAJORDOMO_CF}: $!";
>
> # end of ~majordom/test

I just added the following, which I find very useful:

print "environment is:\n";
foreach $e (sort keys %ENV) {
        print "$e=$ENV{$e}\n";
}

Your test to open $ENV{MAJORDOMO_CF} is a good idea.

We are slowly getting towards a configuration checker!  Now all we need
is to check each directory in the .cf file, and we'd be most of the
way there....

--
Paul Close          pdc@sgi.com          http://reality.sgi.com/employees/pdc/

			No fate but what we make