(November 1995)

Subject: Re: Majordomo coredumping
From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy @ hub . org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:49:27 -0500 (EST)
To: Basket Case <jon @ technix . org>
Cc: Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions @ FreeBSD . ORG>, majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Basket Case wrote:

> Ive been trying to setup majordomo with little or no avail.  When Majordomo
> is running -- when I send it asking for help, it replies just fine.  But when
> I ask to be subscribed to any list or do anything with Majordomo, it decides
> to take a core for some odd reason.  Here are is the bug that appears
> when I run Majordomo (v 1.9.3 with fbsd)
>
> here's what happens when I send a msg with the body of 'lists' command on it:
> ---------------------------------- begin email reply from majordomo
> --

> majordomo serves the following lists:
>
> ---------------------------------- end email reply from majordomo
>  (It sometimes list a few things,
> sometimes not.  For instance, what happened right before I got this email --
> the coredump message)
>
> ----------------------------- begin coredump message
> This is a MIME-encapsulated message
>
> --AAA00716.817710312/technix.org
>
> The original message was received at Thu, 30 Nov 1995 00:45:10 -0500
> from jon@localhost
>
>    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
> "|/usr/home/majordom/bin/wrapper majordomo"  (unrecoverable error)
>     (expanded from: Majordomo)

> Message delivered to mailing list Majordomo
> Memory fault - core dumped
> 554 "|/usr/home/majordom/bin/wrapper majordomo"... unknown mailer error 139

	The error is remeniscent(sp?) of two different problems I had...
first is the header of all the perl files...do they have the right path
for perl?

	The second was having installed 5.001, without realizing that there
is a 5.001m (perl).  With 5.001, I totally killed Majordomo, 5.001m
fixed it again.

	the other thing to check...directory/file permissions

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Interesting Problem