(December 1995)

Subject: Re: FYI
From: Ernie Longmire <elongmi @ basis . com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:15:36 -0700 (MST)
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>> 4.  The sender receives this letter, and confirms the request by mailing
>> the new email with the token random number back to the listserver.
>
> So what your suggesting is, for every list I wish to subscribe to, I
> have to ask twice.
>
> If only there were a better key distribution system in place for PGP
> keys.  Then I could attach a digital signature to my request, and be
> done with it.

So what you're suggesting is, if I want to use mailing lists, I have to use
PGP.

Why is this "good" and requiring that users confirm their subscription
requests "bad"?  It seems to me that the latter is just as effective and
is a lot less work in the long run.

--
Ernie Longmire (elongmi@basis.com)

Follow-Ups: