(December 1995)

Subject: Multi-domain servers
From: Jon Doyle <doyle @ medg . lcs . mit . edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:33:00 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: doyle @ medg . lcs . mit . edu, sweeney @ medg . lcs . mit . edu

I could not find this topic discussed in any of the Majordomo
instructions, or on the list of things to do; my apologies if I missed
something appropriate.

We have a server that goes by several different domain names, and want
to run different lists off each of the virtual servers represented by
the different domain names.  We still don't have a complete solution,
but the only way we have found to get this to work is to have several
different copies of majordomo, each going by a different name.  Though
it looks like we can get this to work, it is really ugly, and poses
big problems when we try to update to new versions.

Are there known solutions for this other than the approach we are
taking?  It would be very nice if some future version would directly
support this ability.  Perhaps the list configuration files should
state what domain names they should be visible on, and from which
domain name the mail should appear.

Thanks,

Jon Doyle

Jon Doyle	doyle@mit.edu		617-253-3512	  (fax) 258-8682

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Alpha2 of 1.94 ready.