(January 1996)

Subject: Re: Archives on TWO different systems
From: Nik Dow <N . Dow @ msl . oz . au>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 1996 15:17:10 +1000
To: Brock Rozen <brozen @ netvoyage . net>, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

At 05:13 PM 1/1/96 -0800, Brock Rozen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am the listmanager for Project Genesis (torah.org) and our lists are
>maintained and run off of torah.org. We want our archives to be on
>ftp.torah.org which is a different machine. Is this possible? Any ideas
>or suggestions? Thanks,

There would seem to be 2 alternatives (I'm assuming you servers are UNIX hosts)

1.      do an NFS mount of the ftp directory onto your majordomo host or

2.      use cron to copy the files (maybe using ftp) at regular intervals.

Nik Dow                        Victorian Fisheries Research Institute
voice +61 (3) 412 4901                                   P.O. Box 114
fax: (3) 412 4623 or (52) 580 270      ,-_|\              Queenscliff
n.dow@dce.vic.gov.au                  /     \         Australia  3225
                                      \_,-. /
                                           *  <--- Queenscliff

Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo Out of Memory !