(January 1996)

Subject: listname.closed Re: removal of listname.{passwd,auto,closed,*} "feature"
From: ckk @ uchicago . edu
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 1996 13:09:05 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

We use the listname.closed a lot. When people fill out our request form for a
new mailing list, they specify whether they want it open or closed to begin
with. They are given instructions on how to get the config file and edit it
and resubmit it to Majordomo, but in the meantime, it's nice to be able to
start them off with a closed list if necessary simply by touching a
listname.closed file.

Chris Koenigsberg
ckk@uchicago.edu