(January 1996)

Subject: Majordomo as a Custom Mailing tool
From: dbriars @ world . std . com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 19:52:17 -0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

Majordomo as a Custom Mailing tool

Lately I needed to send a message to the people on my list from Australia and
New Zealand, but I didn't want to trouble the other people from other
countries. This could be done with a massive unsubscribe/subscribe/resubscribe,
which would be a lot easier than entering the addresses one by one in email.
The trouble with this is:

  1. people would be bothered by the "new user" you-are-subscribed notice.
     (I  don't think they get a "you have been unsubscribed" notice but I'm not
      sure)
  2. I will get my mailbox flooded by "They have been unsubscribed" notices.

If there was a way to switch subscriber lists without massive notices returning
to me or them,  the listserve would be much more useful.

Best Regards,
David Briars

U.S. McLibel Support Campaign                              Press Office
PO Box 62                                        Phone/Fax 802-586-9628
Craftsbury VT 05826-0062                    Email dbriars@world.std.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: listname.closed Re: removal of listname.{passwd,auto,closed