(January 1996)

Subject: TODO: ./configure for majordomo
From: Chan Wilson <cwilson @ slurp . neu . sgi . com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 14:55:10 +0100
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

I'm throwing this out to the mj-workers community, because it's a
pretty self-contained piece that could stand doing.   I started
looking at autoconfig, but lately I've iterated down too many function
calls (so to speak) attempting to get something simple done (ala
wanting piece A which requires B which requires C & D, etc etc) so I'm
placing this on the backburner.

> From:    "Vincent D. Skahan" <vds7789@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com>
> Subject: Re: Alpha2 of 1.94 ready.
>
> (Chan Wilson writes:)
> > It might be simpler to grab the GNUs make-configure (or whatever its
> > called) 'cuz it knows about far too many things. ;)
> >

> there are a couple.
> There's gnu autoconf which calculates everything for you and doesn't
> let you ask questions.  The other I think is called metaconfig, which
> seemed pretty complicated.  Autoconf was real simple.

--Chan
	 Chan Wilson  ---  cwilson@sgi.com  ---  +4138-433-760
	      Silicon Graphics, SA.  Cortaillod, Switzerland.
     "Network Analyst"  &&  Irix Guru  &&  Gravitational Engineer

Indexed By Date Previous: Updated the documentation for Majordomo? Send it in!!!