(January 1996)

Subject: domain based restrictions
From: pwo @ earl . hl . siemens . de (Peter W. Osel)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 16:15:18 +0100 (MET)
To: Majordomo-Workers @ GreatCircle . COM
Phone: +49 (89) 4144-3825

Hi *,

I would like to see domain based access features in an upcoming version
of majordomo.  I need to setup a mailing list that should allow all
internal users (i.e. from domain .foobar.com) to subscribe and
unsubscribe without mailinglist owner intervention, but all requests
from domains outside foobar.com should be silently dropped.

This feature could also be implemented for other commands (e.g. lists).

Has this been discussed before (I just joined this mailing list)?
Is it in work?  Would it be tough to add to majordomo?
What is the status of the majordomo development anyway?

	Cheers
		--pwo
--
Peter W. Osel			Email:		pwo@HL.Siemens.DE
Siemens AG - HL CAD SYS		Phone:		+49 (89) 4144-3825

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: new subscribe_policy code