(January 1996)

Subject: Re: How to get this patch to work
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:59:27 -0600 (CST)
To: vince @ apollo . COSC . GOV (-Vince-)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com, majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

[ -Vince- writes: ]

> 	Awhile back, I asked on the list and Ken Williams <ken@is5.mdc.com>
> sent me a patch for majordomo to handle the automatic uuencoding and sending
> files that are binary with majordomo's get command but his e-mail just
> bounces back.  He mailed me a diff output but it doesn't say where in the
> main majordomo program does it need to be applied to since he didn't do a
> context diff output with diff -c.  Hope someone out there can help!  Thanks!

Looks like he also reversed the diff, i.e. compared the files in new vs
old order instead of old vs new. I'd say the 'local...' goes with the
other locals at the start of do_get. The '&lopen(GETFILE...' is unique
and matches line 988 (in an unmodified 1.93). The sub can go anywhere
but is probably best inserted after the closing brace of do_get.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598