(January 1996)

Subject: Re: Patch to allow users to originate approved messages
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:27:48 -0600 (CST)
To: coleman @ boulder . nist . gov (Sean Coleman 303-497-5672)
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

[ Sean Coleman 303-497-5672 writes: ]

> I use majordomo to send out messages to the users on my system when
> important information needs to be disemminated. I have my list
> moderated to prevent others from making the list a discussion forum.
>
> Currently, the only way I can get majordomo to send the message
> without bouncing the message is to edit the message with vi to
> add the approved: header in with the rest of the headers. If I
> use regular mail or a window based mail program and put the approved:
> message on the first line, the message is delivered but the original
> headers have been deleted. Also, the Sender: and Precedence: line
> appear after the first paragraph of the message.
>
> I tracked down the reason in resend and determined that
> the perl script expects to find headers after the Approved: line
> instead of a message. I provide below a patch for 1.94a2 to resend
> so users can either include someone else's message or a user can
> originate a message and be able to approve it immediately. I
> would appreciate it if we could include this with the distribution.
> If there is a better solution, let me know.

Set 'restrict_post' in the config file to a file that contains just your
e-mail address and turn off moderation. Then only you can post to the
list but you don't need any Approved header.

--
 Dave Wolfe    *Not a spokesman for Motorola*  (512) 891-3246
 Motorola MMTG  6501 Wm. Cannon Dr. W. OE112  Austin  TX  78735-8598