(January 1996)

From: ckk @ uchicago . edu
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:50:41 -0600
To: "John C. Orthoefer" <jco @ bbn . com>
Cc: Kevin at Paranoia <kevintx @ ministry . paranoia . com>, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com, majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

If the subscription-policy is "closed", the list owner can send back a canned
reply, to the person requesting a subscription, asking them to verify the
subscription request, and the list owner can just wait for that verification
before actually approving the subscribe request.

No changes are required to any Majordomo scripts to accomplish this.

Chris Koenigsberg
U. of Chicago Academic Computing Services