Subject: Re: Config file commentary.
From: "Mr. Erich L. Markert" <1e6244 @ sunams . usma . edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 07:37:55 +0500
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <1e6244@sunams>

I have to agree with Chan on this.  Somewhere during a product
upgrade you have to make a logical break from the past.  This seems
to be it.  Majordomo Version 1.93 is quite stable.  If people don't
want to use perl 5 let them stay with MJ 1.93.

Not migrating to perl 5 will hurt the rest of the MJ users in the
long run.

> Mmmm, IMO, too much of the existing Majordomo code is trying to work
> around perl4 bugs or restrictions.  I have absolutely no qualms about
> Majordomo 2.0 requiring perl5.002.  Perl5 is a couple years old now
> and is far better than perl4.

Mr. Erich L. Markert                  markert@www.usma.edu
Systems Administrator                    TEL (914)938-6463
Directorate of Information Management    FAX (914)938-7075
United States Military Academy
West Point, NY 10996

                -- Henry Spencer

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Config file commentary.