(August 1996)

Subject: Re: Hidding the outgoing address from sendmail
From: Andrew McNamara <andrewm @ connect . com . au>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 17:32:58 +1000
To: "Earle F. Ake Mr" <akee @ wpdis03 . wpafb . af . mil>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>	In trying to setup a new list with majordomo-1.94a9, I still can not
>get the "-outgoing" list hidden from sendmail.  I tried a few things and I
>still get one of the "Received" headers that has the "secret" outgoing
>address in it.  Could anyone that has this working please let me know how
>they did it?  I checked the FAQ and the things I tried didn't work.
>
>	I am using sendmail 8.7.5 BTW.

We use the following aliases:

nobody: /dev/null
test-list: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test-list
	-f owner-test-list -h connect.com.au test-list-out,nobody"
test-list-obscured: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/test-list

It's the multiple recipients on the resend line that trigger sendmail
into the more desirable behavior.

 ---
Andrew McNamara (Systems Engineer)

connect.com.au Pty Ltd
Lvl 10, 56 Berry St, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9959 5959, Fax: +61 2 9966 1960