(December 1996)

Subject: Re: Outstanding patches for 1.94.1p6
From: Brock Rozen <brozen @ webdreams . com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 02:07:47 -0500 (EST)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BR> I just forwarded something, it should already be out by now. It's from
> BR> somebody else.
>
> It was mangled and unexplained.  I didn't see any justification for what
> the patch was trying to do.  (Especially the deleting of the explanatory
> comments.  Why delete the explanation?)

Actually, I believe the author of the patch was trying to resolve the
problem I had just posted about with the $uptime and -x in the
majordomo.cf and running config-test

Use this instead. (Assumes all the $uptime stuff is uncommented)

87,91c87,88
< $uptime_command = "/usr/bin/uptime";  Get system uptime here
<
< if ( -x $uptime_command) {
< $uptime = `$uptime_command`;
< }
---
> $uptime = `/usr/bin/uptime` if -x /usr/bin/uptime;     # Get system uptime
> $uptime = `/usr/bsd/uptime` if -x /usr/bsd/uptime;     # or uptime is over here.

It also works for me and solves any remaining problems I've had with
config-test.

 | Brock Rozen | brozen@webdreams.com | http://www.webdreams.com/~brozen |