(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Typo in 1.94.1 sample.cf: $avg_15_minute
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 05 Jan 1997 21:18:27 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

JP> While the installer is removing the correct # character, can't they
JP> also set the correct pathname?

Well, it was that way originally but it ended up getting changed before
release.  Yes, the globs are evil, too.  I think it's time to start
collecting patches; there's enough there to warrant 1.94.2.

Oh, yeah, two more things that need to be added to the docs:

1. Warn loudly to octuple-check the aliases.  Someone just sent me mail
   asking me about an alias error, but guess what happens when I try to
   reply?  Doh.
2. We say to run config-test as a normal user, but because of the default
   permission setup a normal user may not be able to get in there to
   actually run anything.  Oops.  I don't know what to do about that one,
   except add more instructions.

 - J<