(January 1997)

Subject: Re: 1.94: Restricting 'config' commands
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 06 Jan 1997 19:02:17 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

KB> I'd like to be able to restrict the config command to a password
KB> different from the one allowing subscribe/unsubscribe approval.

Isn't that why there are both admin_passwd and approve_passwd?  Hmmm.  It
looks like approve_passwd is only used by resend. and that valid_passwd
only checks admin_passwd.  Looks like you're in for a good bit of hacking.
You could make valid_passwd take an "action", then check different
passwords based on it, then fix up every call to valid_passwd (there are
ten in majordomo and two in resend).

 - J<

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: bug in