(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Possible bug in access_check
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:40:25 -0600 (CST)
To: lou @ metron . com (Lou Katz)
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu (Jason L Tibbitts III)

[ Lou Katz writes: ]

> Thanks, but the code you quoted is in 'check_sender', not in access_check.
>
> In access check the code is different and fails.

I see the little UNDOCUMENTED trick Jason put in there now to overload
restrict_post. I suspect it's done as it is because he didn't want to
encourage (read allow) absolute paths in new features, but didn't change
the check_sender code to not break compatibility. I'll let Jason clean
up his mess for 1.94.2 (hint, hint).

>  jjr@databook.com (Jim Reisert) suggested that I only put
>
>         listname:/pathtolists/lists/listname-digest
>
> in the restrict-send variable in config, and that worked.

Well, maybe for the listname, but certainly not for the listname-digest.
You have to make them both relative to the lists directory to get both
checked. It's pure serendipity that the absolute path becomes illegal
and is silently skipped for the access checks but is used for the post
check.

--
 Dave Wolfe