(January 1997)

Subject: Re: restrict_post and semi-moderation (alternative idea)
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 11 Jan 1997 12:04:33 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com, bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)

BS> Is there any easy way to set up a file of trouble-makers whose postings
BS> would be moderated, while leaving the rest of the list unmoderated?

Well, sort of.  Look at taboo_headers.  It isn't the best solution, but it
does work.  Of course as with any exclusion scheme they can always change
addresses and get by you.

BS> To extend this idea, it would be nice to be able to apply moderation
BS> and subscription to both individual users and to regexps. One could
BS> have filters to keep out unwanted archivers that way, as well as known
BS> trouble sites.

taboo_headers does regexps, but it doesn't apply to subscriptions.
$majordomo_dont_reply will keep majordomo from even looking at mail from
certain addresses.

The access control mechanism we've been hashing out does all of this.  All
I have to do is write it...

 - J<