(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Tweak for 1.94.2
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 14 Jan 1997 15:40:53 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>

DW> All 3 of these cases are checking the results of a readdir() and there
DW> ain't no way in hades that directories contain paths.

I think that originally @lists was taken from the output of ls, but I could
be wrong.  It would make sense.

DW> Finding stuff like this in Mj scares me because it means someone either
DW> hasn't a clue about what he's doing or is coding without thinking about
DW> what he's doing.

Hacks upon hacks...  It really was very simple in the beginning and only
turned into what it is today through piles of small changes.

 - J<

From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@risc.sps.mot.com>
Next: error 17152?
From: Joshua Berrett <josh@got.net>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Tweak for 1.94.2