(January 1997)

Subject: Re: Digest problems
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian @ hyperreal . com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 17:43:33 -0800 (PST)
To: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 11 Jan 1997, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> BB> This was the first post to this list since the 1.94.1 upgrade, but
> BB> other digest lists haven't had this problem since the upgrade.  The
> BB> "sender" variable in the config file is "vjmc-digest-owner" - I've
> BB> changed that to "" for the time being,
> BB> but that doesn't feel like the right solution.
> According to the code, the envelope sender gets set to "sender" @
> "resend_host", where those variables are taken from the list config file.
> What is the value of resend_host in your digest config?

Ah, that was the problem - the list owner had put "" as the
"resend_host" variable in their config file, which is what was different
with the other digests I was running.  Even though I expect changing that
back to "" should fix the problem, this does seem to indicate a problem
with the handling of resend_host.

Indexed By Date Previous: any fixes to awhthorization in 1.94.2