(January 1997)

Subject: Re: repeated messages
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 16 Jan 1997 11:37:08 -0600
To: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM, Gary Huckabay <md @ bear . sirinet . net>

GH> I looked in the FAQ and the last three months of digests and I didn't
GH> see this problem addressed.  If it has already been answered, my
GH> apologies.

There was a big discussion about this on majordomo-users a couple of months
back, I think, but thanks for checking.  It's amazing how many list owners
(who should know how to get to the archives) don't bother to look at them.

GH> However, lately, MD will sometimes send as many as 6 copies of one
GH> message to the list.  Can anyone provide me with some direction?

It would be very improbable that Majordomo is sending multiple copies of
anything.  You should check the full headers of a set of repeated messages
to be sure.  As Majordomo doesn't to any delivery, it is entirely dependent
on your delivery agent for this.

So you need to look over a set of repeated messages and see where they're
coming from.  You also need to be forthcoming about MTA used (Sendmail?) OS
used, and versions of everything.

 - J<