(January 1997)

Subject: Re: MajorDumbo help file (insert smiley here)
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 23:08:59 -0800 (PST)
To: Arnaud Taddei <Arnaud . Taddei @ cern . ch>
Cc: Bill Houle <Bill . Houle @ SanDiegoCA . NCR . COM>, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Arnaud Taddei wrote:
> I strongly support Bill's point of view. We are developing a web
> interface at CERN as this is a _clear_ user requirement ... and if you
> don't want to write a Web interface that's your problem. At least could it
> be possible that we get a majordomo library of functions in such a way
> that we are not forced to show up the results via a mail message but with
> a Web page. That would help us A LOT.

Let me clarify two points:

1) I don't plan on supplying a web-based interface any time soon because
my server is primarily a mail server, and it's on the far end of a 56K
Frame Relay circuit; I don't have the bandwidth for a web server.  Also, I
encounter users with mail but no web access.

2) I'd be happy to see there be a web interface, BUT NOT AT THE COST OF
SIMPLIFYING THE MAIL INTERFACE AND IMPROVING THE DOCS.  I would especially
be disheartened if this totally-forgeable environment would make it
impossible to do reasonable challenge-based confirmation, in the absence
of certificates and/or PGP.
--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk@QueerNet.ORG
2215-R Market Street #576         San Francisco, CA 94114       +1 415 ALL-ARFF