(January 1997)

Subject: Re: MajorDumbo help file (insert smiley here)
From: Bill Houle <Bill . Houle @ SanDiegoCA . NCR . COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:06:58 -0800
To: Arnaud Taddei <Arnaud . Taddei @ cern . ch>
Cc: majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 05:28 PM 1/22/97 +0100, Arnaud Taddei wrote:

>Thanks Merrill, I was not aware of such problem with people putting
>"wrong" addresses. In fact, at CERN we don't have this problem too much
>because we recommend people to use Generic Addresses (GEM in our jargon)
>like:
>
>	Arnaud.Taddei@cern.ch
>
>Moreover, we keep updated an "address closure" table which contains user
>information and in particular all the centrllay managed combinations of
>login_id and host machine + a secondary cluster table for cluster
>machines.

Do you have this support embedded in Majordomo? I have grafted a similar
mechanism via my MajorCool Web interface, and currently have support for an
X.500/LDAP module as well as NCR's "rolo" database scheme. However,
Majordomo itself still lacks this ability. Jason and I are trying to
determine if/how we can best support the concept of address equivalencies
via external sources.

--bill

Indexed By Date Previous: shlock: open(...): No such directory