(January 1997)

From: "Merrill Cook" <mcook @ pcusa01 . ecunet . org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:41:09 -0500 (EST)
To: brozen @ webdreams . com (Brock Rozen)
Cc: majordomo-workers @ greatcircle . com

>From Brock Rozen:
>
> Well, I'm not too up on databases( not would I be the one doing the
> actual coding), but let's say we designed one using the
> generic Perl (or B DB)stuff. Could we then build a Sybase engine that
> interacted with the Perl (or B DB)stuff?

I thought the idea was that it would be modularized, so if you
wanted to use SYBASE you would plug in one module, if you wanted
to use B DB you'd plug in a different one, etc.

I suppose that means there could be one optional module that would
continue to use flat text files...

--
  Regards,

  Merrill Cook